Keep advancing, keep learning, keep growing—those are the words I live by. I’m a self-taught designer and developer based in Raleigh, NC who’s always looking for a new challenge to tackle and new skills to learn. I’ve worked on a wide range of products, from My skills have been applied to a wide range of projects; including COVID-19 data modeling and marketing tools for major corporations to magazine publications and gaming assistance tools.
Education and Certifications
Montana State University
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Film/Video and Photographic Arts
3.31 GPA, Honors
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Associate
- REST APIs
- Visual Studio Code
- Adobe XD
- Mobile Responsive Design
Demo project to demonstrate proficiency with React and GraphQL.
Custom API that converts dates and displays timestamps.
Nerd culture-themed motivational blog.
Custom tool to supplement Dungeons & Dragons games
Demo project to show proficiency with React and REST APIs.
Demo project to show proficiency with Vue.js and API calls.
Custom API that returns metadata of uploaded files in POST requests.
Demo project to show proficiency with MongoDB, Mongoose, and React
WordPress site created for The Memory Cottage, a beach boutique store in Shallotte, NC
Demo e-commerce site to show proficiency with Magento
Demo project to show proficiency with React, React-Router, and Redux
Custom API that returns browser information in GET requests
React demo project
- Maintain the company’s corporate website and develop and design digital services and information to support homeland security and emergency management programs.
- Optimize website for responsive design across multiple platforms.
- Collect, monitor and review statistics and provide analysis on the website’s health, engagement, SEO, and performance.
- Contribute to development of data modeling software projects.
- Notable Accomplishments:
- Increased IEM website traffic by 11% compared to year before my employment.
- Solved mobile platform accessibility issues.
- Implemented and supported custom web marketing plugins for numerous clients; including Samsung, Intel, Siemens, VMware, Cisco, Xerox, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Oracle, IBM, Red Hat, and Google.
- Executed email marketing campaigns and templates to client specifications.
- Notable Accomplishments:
- Solved major accessibility issues involving mobile platforms.
- Overhauled production process for instructional videos for using the Zift platform.
- Executed extensive branding updates for clients.
- Revitalized website templates to match current design trends.
- Implemented promotion campaigns for Outside Bozeman Magazine and The Blue Light Student Guide & Coupon Book.
- Secured promotional partnerships with campus organizations and local businesses.
- Administered up to date web presence: Facebook, WordPress.
Links & Contact
© Copyright 2021 Patrick Hessman